Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beige

The first thing you need to know about me is that I am obsessed with beige. It is the most versatile colour in my opinion, and can be used to set a variety of themes and moods. What it comes down to is you can do no wrong with beige. Sure, white is cleaner, but it can also be a little too hospital-ish if not done correctly. Beige is instantly homey and calming. It is also ridiculously easy to work with. Case in point, when I first moved into my apartment I was on a super modern kick. About midway through the year I decided to change gears and go slightly more traditional. Given that I had started with such easy neutrals, it was virtually pain-free to make the switch. Add a couple of classic, rustic pieces, change a couple of pictures and pillow cases and voila!

See how I did it:






No comments:

Post a Comment