Monday, July 18, 2011

It's all in the Details

One of the first things I discovered when I moved out of my Mom's house was how many random things I had collected over the years. There were books, postcards from museums, my grandma's china, a few Beatles records and all sorts of cute figurines that I at one time or another thought were cool. Sure, some of it was easy to toss out, but a lot of it wasn't. This, of course, became problematic when I realized just how tight on space I was in my new apartment. Given my limited options, I decided to get a little creative and use my bookcase as a displayer as opposed to storing everything and wasting much needed closet space. The results were pretty great. Not only is this bookcase the focal point of the living room, but it adds a very personal and sentimental touch to the place which I love.

See how I did it:






1 comment: